What is A Level Spanish all about?
The A Level Spanish course is designed to develop and build on the language skills acquired at GCSE and to provide a deep insight into another culture and society.
First Year Course Content
During the Year 12 course, students will cover:
- Aspects of Spanish society: Current trends.
- Artistic culture in the Spanish-speaking world
- A cultural topic (a film).
Pupils will be introduced to authentic reading and listening materials to help develop their fluency.
Second Year Course Content
The Year 13 course then covers:
- Aspects of Spanish society: Current issues
- Aspects of political life in the Spanish-speaking world
- A cultural topic (a book)
- An Individual Research project based on the Spanishs peaking world .
We will read “La casa de Bernarda Alba” and study the film “Ocho apellidos vascos”.
Paper1: Content assessed: All Aspects of Spanish speaking society (Year 1 and 2) and grammar; Written exam: 2, 5 hours, 100marks, 50% of A level.
Paper 2: Content assessed: one book and one film or two books and grammar; Written exam: 2 hours, 80 marks, 20% of A Level.
Paper 3: Content assessed: Speaking on Individual research project based on Spanish speaking society and one of the four sub-themes studied across the 2 years.
Future careers linked to this subject:
Linguists have a wide range of career opportunities open to them - the business world, translating, interpreting, teaching, journalism, any career involving travelling, amongst many others.
GCSE Grade 6 in Spanish
Teacher to Contact: