What is Business all about?
The course will be offered in either an Extended Certificate (equivalent to 1 A Level) or a Diploma (equivalent to 2 A levels). Students will gain a deep insight into business functions and activities and gain the skills to begin a successful career in the sector.
This is a two year course and the number of modules taken will depend on the qualification chosen.
Extended Certificate students will cover:
- Exploring business (P)
- Developing a marketing campaign (E)
- Personal and Business Finance (E)
- Plus a further unit of choice
Diploma students will study the 3 units above plus:
- Managing an event (P)
- International business (P)
- Principles of management (E)
- Plus a further two units of choice
All optional units will be decided upon based on student interests.
The course is assessed using a combination of
- Coursework portfolios that are internally assessed and externally verified. These units are listed with (P).
- Externally set and marked examinations. These units are listed with (E).
Route Requirements: 5 GCSE’s at a Grade 5 or above
Teacher to Contact: