The following uniform rules must be adhered to in school, travelling to and from school and when out on school extra-curricular activities if stipulated:
• Regulation black blazer with school badge: this is to be worn at all times within the building of ESJ unless permission is given from ESJ SLT.
• Regulation plain black trousers (regular or straight leg- no skinny or flare legs) with an optional plain black belt and ESJ school tie or optional ESJ skirt worn in line with uniform expectations that this is calf-length- 2 inches below the knee.
• Plain white shirt or blouse always tucked in and buttoned to the top.
• School tie worn correctly with top button done up.
• Black or white socks (ankle length) or black tights- no patterns.
• Optional black V-necked jumper/sleeveless jumper or cardigan with school badge.
• Years 7 & 8 should have the ESJ regulation backpack (available at our uniform suppliers).
• Years 9 to 11 should have a black backpack that is large enough to hold an A4 size book.
• No tote bags or handbags.
Only plain black leather or leather/look shoes are acceptable. Trainers of any colour (including black) are unacceptable. Students wearing incorrect footwear will be provided a pair of black ESJ shoes to wear instead. We will only accept signed medical notes as dispensation. Failure to put on ESJ shoes will result in further sanctions in line with school policy.
Other points to note:
• Hair colour must be natural.
• One small stud per ear to maintain pierced ears and one watch (no smart watches) may be worn. Rings, bracelets and body piercings are unacceptable. Necklaces/chains with religious symbols are permitted but must not be visible.
• Leggings are not permitted as an alternative to regulation black trousers.
• Make-up is not permitted. Any lip balms must be clear and not glossy.
• Nails: varnish or false nails are unacceptable (this includes but is not limited to gels, acrylic, white tip, shellac and chemical treatments).
• Treated eyebrows and eyelashes (including chemically treated/tinted).
• Outdoor coats should be plain and dark in colour (black or dark blue) without extreme or excessive logos. Outdoor coats must not be worn within the school building without prior permission from ESJ SLT.
• Scarves are not permitted in the school building.
• Students are not to carry bags/coats to hide rolled skirts.
Full school uniform must be worn at all times, including to and from school. Permission must be given by a teacher/leader for students to remove blazer (e.g. extreme weather conditions) To help maintain our high standards, all staff conduct regular checks of uniform. If students are not in correct uniform, parents/carers will be contacted to organise a change in clothing the same day, if not then the student will be in the BSR on the same day. Failure to meet our standards and expectations will be treated as defiance and students will be sanctioned in accordance with our Behaviour Policy. Where students fail to meet our expectations regarding footwear, students will be provided a pair of plain black shoes to wear until they are able to conform fully to our uniform regulations. Failure to meet our standards and expectations will be treated as defiance and students will be sanctioned in accordance with our Behaviour Policy. Persistent uniform infringements are serious offences and will lead to sanctions in accordance with our Behaviour Policy. Financial support is available in special circumstances.
PE Kit Expectations:
• Fitted black polo shirt from our uniform provider (compulsory).
• Mid-thigh plain black PE shorts (no cycling shorts or Nike-Pro style shorts)
• Optional plain black jogging bottoms or leggings.
• Optional black tracksuit/sweatshirt from our uniform provider.
• White/black sports socks.
• Football/Rugby boots.
• Absolutely no jewellery is to be worn in PE lessons.
• All students are required to wear PE kit during PE lessons – even if injured or unwell, so they can take on an appropriate role.
• Students are encouraged to wear black base layers under their PE kit during the cold weather for warmth.
• No hoodies allowed.
As the weather turns colder, we would encourage you to purchase the ESJ PE Jumper. Any other item of non-ESJ PE kit clothing is not permitted, and any student wearing it will be sanctioned in line with school policy.