Published admission number September 2022: 180
Applications received (all preferences) September 2021: 321
Number on roll September 2021: 1038
In 2021 the last child was admitted under criterion 6.
There is no guarantee of a place for children living in the priority admission area. In the event of oversubscription any remaining places will be allocated using the following criteria in the order given:
- Looked After Children and previously looked after children (see below for definition)
- Children living in the priority admission area with a sibling (see below for definition) attending the school
- Other children living in the priority admission area
- Children living outside the priority admission area with a sibling attending the school
- Children attending one of our main feeder Primary Schools: Epping Primary School, Ivy Chimneys Primary, St Andrews C of E, Upshire Primary School, Theydon Bois Primary, Coopersale and Theydon Garnon C of E
- Remaining applications
*A ‘looked after child’ or a child who was previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, residence or special guardianship order will be given first priority in oversubscription criteria ahead of all other applicants in accordance with the School Admissions Code 2013. A looked after child is a child who is (a) in the care of a local authority, or (b) being provided with accommodation by a local authority in the exercise of their social services functions (as defined in Section 22(1) of the Children Act 1989).
# For applications made in the normal admissions round a relevant sibling is a child who has a brother, sister, adopted brother or sister or stepbrother or stepsister living in the same family In the event of oversubscription within any of the above criteria, priority will be determined by straight line distance from home to school, those living closest being given highest priority.
Parents applying for a place at the start of Year 7 in September can view more information at
Applications after the September start date for Year 7 (mid-year admissions) should be made to Ms S Montgomery on 01992 573028 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. For all other year group admissions, please contact Ms Montgomery.