Safeguarding at Epping St John’s School is considered everyone’s responsibility and, as such, we aim to create the safest environment to allow each and every student to thrive and achieve their potential.
Epping St John’s School fully recognises the contribution it makes to safeguarding children and young people. We recognise that all staff, including volunteers and Governors have a full and active part to play in protecting children from harm. We are committed to ensuring that all child protection and welfare concerns and referrals are handled sensitively, professionally and in ways that support the specific needs of the child.
Designated Child Protection Officer
Deputy Designated Child Protection Officer
Vincent Omilli, Mitch Reeves, Nikki Stock, Viv Madden, Anmarie Petrou, Sammy Parr, James Fitten, Jack Glass.
The Governor with responsibility for Safeguarding:
- The school works with Social Care, the Police, health services and other services to promote the welfare of the child and to protect them from harm. Through providing a caring, safe and stimulating environment which promotes the social, physical and moral development of all our students, we aim to foster an atmosphere of trust, respect and security.
- We ensure all our own staff, other professionals, parents/carers and students work together to know the rules about keeping children safe. They will understand the importance of following procedures and listening to each other, especially when there are concerns about safety.
- The school works hard to reduce all instances of harm that children can suffer, including: abuse, bullying, discrimination and avoidable injuries. If you have any concerns at all about the safety or welfare of a child please do not hesitate to contact us.
Useful information on internet safety for parents can be found at:
Conversation Starters for Parents and Carers - please click here
Information and Other Resources - please click here
Supporting Young People online - please click here
To view a copy of the DfE Guidance on Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2022) - please click here
- Sexual & Criminal exploitation of Children - will you spot the signs?08th Oct 2018
- Age restrictions on social media services05th Nov 2018
- Child Sexual Exploitation12th Nov 2018
- Young Carers - Supporting Young carers booklet Essex15th Nov 2018
- Weekly Notice - Emotional Abuse05th Jun 2019
- Safeguarding Message re OMEGLE18th Jan 2021
- BMAT ESJ Designated Teacher Policy LAC PLAC 202321st Sep 2023