Epping St. John's holds Healthy Schools Status and we are keen to promote the Government's Healthy Schools Initiative.
A wide variety of healthy options such as hot meat main meals, vegetarian and pasta dishes as well as a selection of sandwiches, salad pots and hot and cold deserts are offered to students to encourage them to think about a nutritionally balanced diet.
Students who bring a packed lunch are able to eat in the designated areas in the school (depending on where your child's bubble is situated). Epping St. John's also has a range of picnic tables and benches to enable students to eat in pleasant, outdoor surroundings.
Free School Meals
Free School Meals are administered by Essex County Council and the qualifying rules are decided by Central Government.
Parents/carers receiving the following benefits can claim Free School Meals:
- Income Support
- Jobseekers Allowance (Income Based)
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual taxable income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
If you think your child may be eligible for Free School Meals, please contact Essex County Council, Education Transport and Awards, PO Box 4261, Chelmsford, CM1 1GS, Telephone 0845 603 2200, Email firstname.lastname@example.org or check the ECC website at:
Parent Guide to the new ordering system: https://4905753ff3cea231a868-376d75cd2890937de6f542499f88a819.ssl.cf3.rackcdn.com/eppingstjohn/uploads/document/Parent-Guide-to-Pre-ordering-V3-14.9_v2.pdf