What is Information and creative Technology all about?
The course is titled BTEC Extended Certificate in Business and is equivalent to 1 A Level. It will give students a broad understating of work within the ICT industry and they will gain the skills required to be successful in it.
This course will be delivered over one year and will form the majority of the student’s timetable.
Students will study the following modules:
- The online world (E)
- Technology systems (E)
- A Digital portfolio (P)
- Computing in the workplace (P)
- Computer networks (P)
- Multimedia products Development (P)
- Computational Thinking (P)
- Computer Security in Practice (P)
- Creating digital animation (P)
- Creating Digital video (P)
- Spreadsheet development (P)
- IT work experience (P)
Some other options are available and can be studied instead of some of the above. The exact choice of modules will depend on student choice and interest.
Students will complete a mix of:
- External examined units. These are shown as (E).
- Coursework which is marked internally and externally verified. These are shown as (P)
Future careers linked to this subject:
- IT Technicians / IT technical roles
- Any business / administrative role
Grades 5 in English and Mathematics
Teacher to Contact: